Tuesday, October 9, 2007

October 9th 2007 - SMOKE FREE DAY TWO
Overall my first day went well - smoke free and plan to stay that way

Today nothing much to report - haven't smoked - substituted my coffee for an Ice Coffee today which is probably why I didnt have as bad of a craving for it as yesterday while having my coffee. But I noticed that I had an automatic movement today... I finished a task that I was working on this morning, and immediately after, my hand reached for an empty space where I used to keep my cigarettes on my desk... at the same time I was getting up to go outside.... then I realized and thought to myself, "oh wait I dont smoke any more" but that action kind of reminded me of the sensation I used to get from smoking and almost made me want to have one. Which bring me here now..... I figure if I spend a little time blogging instead of going outside where I will see smokers it will make it much easier on me....at least for now!

I STILL CANNOT BELIVE HOW EASY AND WELL MY FIRST DAY WENT..... I think that it might get a bit harder from here on out... cause I think yesterday was just a fluke... I was really swamped at work and it really kept my mind off of smoking.... but today its slower and quieter so I am starting to worry that it wont be as easy... I guess I will have to put myself to work...find things to do with my time... maybe its a good thing.... it will get me to do things I have been procrastinating at work.

Well...Back to work...

2 comments:

maggie said...

I am just thrilled for you! You are doing really great, and I'm glad that you are making it through without much suffering at all with the help of Chantix. It makes such a difference, doesn't it? I do understand the habit thing after completing any task. That really does get better - for some more quickly than others. Until then, blogging is a great substitute! Just keep going. You are well on your way now!

Chris said...

All those little breaks add up. You may "find" quite a bit of time and energy as the days and weeks progress. I did. Congrats and keep up the good work.