Monday, October 8, 2007

Yet again its still October 8th - now its about 6pm - Wow this seems like a breeze today (not to jinx it) I expected a lot worse! especially the first day! Dont get me wrong old habits die hard.... but the addiction at least is being taken care of by Chantix.... so all I have to forcefully overcome are the habits of;
Rewarding myself with a smoke
Having a smoke as an after dinner treat
Using cigarettes as a means to overcome stressful situations
And the hardest one for me - having my coffee without a stogie to start the day!
Then there is also new challenge which I need to face - looks like the cigarette is being replaced by food - so I need to control what I eat and how much I eat...

I thought that the first day will will be a killer for me.... and it wasnt too bad - but maybe thats because I was quite busy at work today... lets see what happens tomorrow...please tell me it only get easier.... (wishful thinking...)

Day 1 smoke-free almost complete.

2 comments:

maggie said...

Congrats on your first day so far! I think a lot of us are surprised that the first day isn't nearly as horrible as we feared. Then, for me and some others a few days in (day 5 not smoking for me) it got a little tougher, but on Chantix, still manageable, and then the path went back to smooth. Your experience could be the same or totally different, but you are on your way now, and once you start having some hours and a full day or two under your belt, going back to the start doesn't seem worth it, and at times it was that very idea that pulled me through any rough patches to the easier times.

The reward thing takes some getting used to for certain, and that's also a different sized issue for different folks. Still, you will find the balance that works for you. Crunchy carrots/celery were my friends along with the water and breathing the first few days.

Keep going!

Chris said...

Congratulations on Day One! You may have some ups and downs but no matter what hang in there; you can do it.