Saturday, October 6, 2007

October 6th 2007 - checking in a bit late again - its 4:30 and so far I only had 2 cigarettes. Side effects are a lot milder today then they were yesterday - so far...

Last night, as almost every friday, we went to my in-laws for family dinner. And as always the smokers meet in the yard for some chit-chat and a stogie. To everyone's surprise I only had one cigarette the entire evening. I intentionally stood by the smokers to see how I would react....and I belive it or not .... IT WAS ALL GOOD! Like I said I had that one cigarette after dinner and then that was it.... I came out 2 more times and watched the smokers and actually enjoyed the fact that I didnt want another stogie. - To close off yesterday - total of 5 cigarettes

I noticed that my headaches come back at the times when I start to get cravings for a smoke... but then it goes away along with the urge about 45 minutes later....
MAJOR PROBLEM.... I started to notice that I eat a hell of a lot more and a lot more often....shit I am afraid that I will blow up like a freaking balloon!!!!! I try to drink water and stick to fruits and carrots for snacks.... but for some reason this pill is giving me the munchies and cravings for sweets. Did any of you other chanitx users have this problem???

1 comment:

maggie said...

Sounds like you are well on your way! I added walking where a couple of smoke breaks were in my work day, and I think that helped. I tried to do like you mentioned about having healthy snacks, but I'm not even remotely perfect, so sometimes that happens, but only sometimes ;) Still, for the longest time I hadn't gained any weight, then just about 5 pounds or so, so I'm content but will be continuing to walk. One battle at a time, is my thought. I do try to keep aware, but if it comes down to smoking vs. eating something not so healthy, you know what wins. Keep going!