Tuesday, October 2, 2007

October 2nd 2007 - day seven on chantix - Started out the day with only 2 cigarettes today... and believe it or not... I am starting to break my morning habit of smoking first thing... Tomorrow is supposed to be my Q-Day - but I do not feel that I am ready just yet; I think I will need to push it back a few more days in order to stay on the path I am on... I feel that if I just stop smoknig tomorrow - I will end up coming back to it a day or two later. What do you all think about this theory??? (I also think that once I start the 1mg pills it will make it easier)
Or should I stick to the routine set forth by Pfizer? I see myself doing better, cutting down significantly, however what I do not see is myself not smoking at all - NOT JUST YET!
I think I need a few more days... tomorrow I will cut down to 1 cigarette in the morning and then to non - and then I can commit. Yesterday I smoked a total of 10 cigarettes. Therefore I see the progression from 1.5 packs(30 a day)- to 14 - to 12 - to 10 - and I want to stay on that path and go that route... is that the wrong thing to do??? or should I force my self to simply STOP tomorrow??? I need advice here.... I am starting to get cold feet... I feel like most men do on their wedding day... Even though I dont recall having that feeling on my wedding day.

Well Tomorrow I start my 1mg twice a day... I hope that it really kicks in and does its magic!
I must say that the past few days I have been sleeping quite well with some nice dreams... nothing spectacular... just everyday stuff... dreamt about work and cars and stuff like that.... however, last night, my daughter woke me up in the middle of the night and I didnt feel too kosher... for about 2 minutes I felt like I was very hung over - nausea - head ache and dizzy. but that went away in a bit... I just wanted to point this out as it must a be a side effect of chantix... but its nothing that I couldnt deal with - especially since I dont get woken up in the middle of the night all the time.

well... thats all for now folks... looking forward to your feedback and will blog back at you soon

2 comments:

maggie said...

I have some very, very strong thoughts on the Day 8 quit date, enough so that I once devoted an entire post on my blog herejust on this issue. Some disagreed with me in comments, but most did seem to agree that Day 8 is not for everyone. Considering that Day 8 is the day when the dose first increases, having that under your belt first can be helpful to some.

I *do* believe whole-heartedly, however, in having a drop dead, no matter what, absolutely, no excuses and no kidding yourself, gotta do it, period quit date. Or just a drop dead quit date for short. In any case, mine was for Day 15 based on the advice of the friend who told me about Chantix and whose doctor advised him to give it 2 weeks. So, Day 15 was the latest possible date for me, and I woke up on Day 13 quit. Not even the tiniest puff since. I was ready. I still am.

Do what you feel makes sense for you, but do not BS yourself (not that addicted smokers ever do that, right?), and do give yourself a deadline that you feel is realistic but not too far out, and then stick to it. If you quit sooner, then that's a bonus.

Of course, all of the above is simply my opinion. I am not a medical doctor, and I'm just sharing my own experience coupled with experiences of other bloggers (see Bay's blog or Tasina's blog linked on my blog for two excellent examples of waiting until ready and then making it happen).

You are doing great, and I love that you are thinking about things and blogging about it.

Shopper123 said...

Thanks Maggie for the advice... also belive that I must be ready for it and not just do it on day 8 as suggested by pfizer. I am on my way to being ready and I think that is the only way it will really work... at my own pace with the help of chantix.

Thanks again!