Thursday, September 27, 2007

Still September 27th - "Its 10pm do you know where the cigarettes are?" LOL
I'll make it short and sweet - I am finally convinced that its Chantix that is working its magic and not just me convincing myself not to smoke - at no given point in time today have I had to force myself not to smoke in order to cut down.... without even trying I managed to only smoke 12 cigarettes the entire day.... which I feel is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT! Mind you this is only my second day and only two days ago I smoke 1 and 1/2 packs. Is it me or are the cigarettes starting to taste nasty due to the meds???

Say Hello to my new side effect - suprisingly today I did not feel a repeat of yesterday's jitters or foggy head sensations - however today I have been peeing like a race horse - I must have gone to the bathroom to relieve myself about 15 times today - I am trying to drink more then usual (as per advice of other quitters) but I still found it strange that I had to urinate soo many times. Something else that I noticed and again this might be a coincidence - but both yesterday and today, right after I took the pill - I had some heart burn! - nothing that TUMS didnt cure... But it might have been the brunch that I ate both days - Dunkin Donuts Sausage/Egg/Cheese - might just be the culperate! I normally dont eat until late in the afternoon so I am not used to having breakfast or in my case at 11am - brunch.

Well, I not going to sleep just yet but I am done writing for the night so "sweet dreams"

3 comments:

maggie said...

I am still thrilled about how much of an impact you are already noticing on Chantix. It took a bit longer for me to feel it kick in, but everyone is different, and I'd say that what you have going on is a good thing. A very good thing.

Water and breathing were my two best friends (well, Chantix and blogging and reading other blogs) once I quit, so I agree that you are on the right track. I did notice that even a slight increase in water did mean more trips to the powder room for me.

It's always kind of hard to tell with some of the mild things that go on what's from Chantix, what's from quitting smoking and what's just from life. I'd definitely keep an eye on anything that gets worse, but I did experience all of the above.

Chris said...

Chantix day 2 and you have cut done dramatically - I hope each day brings such swift success. I didn't end up a "race horse" though drinking more water did increase my need to go some. Keep up the good work, it only gets easier.

anderson said...

Hey. Day 7 chtx, grunting snorting vacuming my shop
hope its not ad/hd. Maybe the increase in oxygen hopefully! The chtx seems to be effective aside a few affects....excuse me!