Thursday, October 4, 2007

October 4th 2007 - Learning to start the day off without a cigarette is turning out to be easier then I thought - thanks to Chantix... Its 11:oo am and I just took my first pill of the day. I have not had a cigarette yet and I am trying to take it to the next level... I am actually drinking coffee while writing this blog.... yesterday I felt that I needed to stay away from it as it is my biggest stimuli for smoking in the morning... but today I am try to prove to myself that I can still enjoy a cup of joe without holding a cigarette in my other hand.... well... thats exactly why I am here now...while drinking the coffee... ITS FREAKING HARD! I want a cigarette... I have them sitting right beside me.... so I figured I would use this time to blog and hold off with smoking as long as I can... Yesterday went smoothly with only 5 cigarettes TOTAL.....YEAH BABY!

But what makes it easy the past few days is knowing that I will have one later in the day to reward myself for the good work! Just thinking about the fact that Q-Day is right around the corner is frightening.... I mean once its done...ITS DONE! And those thoughts of "I will have a smoke later to reward myself" shouldnt be there.... and thats scares me! But on the other hand my progress has been Amazing! I dont know if many Chantix users had such progress the first few weeks as I have, but I hope that the magic pill only gets better becauase as I mentioned in my first blog..."the process of Quitting" is the easy part its "Taking that Last and final Step" and "Sticking To It" which is the hard part. And as I approach that Q-Day thoughts of Marlboro Lights Dancing in my head pop into my imagination... (P.S. - Play on words... Im not going nuts - so dont call the suicide squad just yet) The thought of standing outside huffin and puffin that cigarette gives me a tingly sensation inside... but then I smack myself in the head and remind myself as to why I decided to quit and tell myself I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!

Great things come to those that ....want it bad enough!

2 comments:

maggie said...

I understand completely. It's a big leap to quit day, and probably the toughest part is the mental leap. Your body is getting used to less and less nicotine because of the Chantix, but the mind is a whole other aspect. Still, you can do it, and you will do it, and I bet even if it's not easy, it probably won't be quite as bad as you fear or expect. At least for me it wasn't. Keep going!

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

With Chantixit's not so bad. But, you have to replace it with something else. I have a blog about quitting at www.quitcoping.com. Wanna do a link exchange? I'll add you now.