Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October 23rd 2007

After much consideration and truly difficult deliberation.... I have decided to stop taking Chantix

Over the weekend... I decided to stop taking the pills and see where that goes... well to be honest... I feel GREAT.... it seems as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders... I feel happier... less angry at the world.... therefore the side effect which I have been worried about have pretty much tapered down to a level which I can deal with ... It may also have to do with the fact that I decided that I would do my best on my own to stay as smoke free as I can... meaning that I will have that occassional cigarette.
And so I have.... I had a few puffs on saturday when we went out drinking..... and had a cigarette on sunday when we went to a party..... and didnt really like it much ....so I was able to actually go without any smoking on Monday.... I dont know if it will stay that easy.... but this is what I have decided.... and I am a happier person for it. I do plan on going back to chantix and making another attempt at quitting completely in the not so distant future..... but for now, it was just not the right time for me to do so.....

Even though I had a few puffs here and there.... to be honest I didnt enjoy it.... I only did it for the habits which are so hard to erase..... Its probably the chantix still in my system.... MY GOAL [FOR NOW] IS TO BE A SOCIAL SMOKER.....I WILL DO MY BEST TO KEEP FROM GOING BACK TO A PACK A DAY.... I WILL EVENTUALLY POST MY THOUGHTS ON HERE AND PIONEER THE WAY FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN MY SHOES.... AND I WILL BLOG ON BEHALF OF THOSE WHO [AT THIS TIME] HAVE NO VOICE.....THOSE WHO BELIEVE THAT QUITTING [W/CHANTIX] IS NOT RIGHT FOR THEM AT THIS TIME OR EVER.... IN NO WAY AM I CONDONING MY BEHAVIOR [SMOKING]... NOR DO I THINK THAT ANYONE ATTEMPTING TO QUIT SMOKING SHOULD STOP.... AND HOPEFULLY SOON ENOUGH I WILL BE BACK ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS STORY ONCE AGAIN, AS A SUCCESSFUL QUITTER! BUT UNFORTUNATELY, THE WITHDRAWL AND SIDE EFFECTS WHERE ADDING TO INSULT TO INJURY AT THIS TIME IN MY LIFE.... ONCE I GET MY AFFAIRS IN ORDER... I DO PLAN ON TAKING ANOTHER STAB AT QUITTING AND I PLAN ON FOLLOWING THROUGH TO THE END!

IN THE MEAN TIME I CANNOT SAY THAT NOTHING POSSITIVE CAME OUT OF THIS ATTEMPT, I NOW KNOW THAT I DO NOT NEED TO HAVE A CIGARETTE AS A REWARD TACTIC, OR AS A STRESS RELIVER...AND I ACTUALLY SMELL THE NASTY ODOR WHICH SMOKERS CARRY WITH THEM............... I JUST HOPE I CAN STAY ON THIS ROAD WHICH I HAVE COME TO.... ONLY MAKE THAT RIGHT TURN ON TO THE PATH OF SUCCESS IN THE NEAR FUTURE..

BE WELL & STAY STRONG

7 comments:

Chris said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and have such a positive outlook. Please do continue blogging. I hope things work out. BTW - I found that 2 mg a day was too much and, like others, dropped to 1 a day. Ask your doctor about a lower does when the time comes.

Best...

maggie said...

Jesse, I agree with Chris that maybe checking with your doctor about a different dose when the time is right will do the trick.

Hey, smokers smoke. You do not need to feel bad about right at this moment it not being the right moment. I've quit in the past, which means that I also went back to smoking more than once, and this time I pray that I'm really done.

We each have our own journey, and I do hope that you will keep on blogging.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

idt187 said...

i was on Chantix for a month, only and month, and i will never let a pill do my thinking for me everever again...

I dealt with the suicidal thoughts, the thoughts of cutting and stabbing and burning and screaming, the thoughts i didnt even know i was capable of thinking. I put up with those thoughts operating on a "well, the ends justify the means" kind of mentality and im glad that the ends i sought did indeed come to fruition, though the cost is too high for me. I am smoke free because the mere thought of lighting another C-stick up makes me recall how helpless i felt under the spell of an obviously poorly researched drug. Like Alex in A Clockwork Orange, i feel nothing but disgust when im around smoke and for that i am both grateful and indignant...

remember...they got you hooked...just because they are nice enough to sell you the cure does not a bosom buddy make...

Corbin Dallas said...

I started using chantix last week and today I quit. If you have any advice feel free to hit me on my blog at:
http://achantixexperiment.blogspot.com/

thanks and hope youre still smoke free!

Jennifer said...

I would love for my brother to stop smoking would never recommend this product to him now that I know how severe and dangerous the side effects can be. The best way to quit is never to start in the first place. Here is another article from a wellness site about the Chantix side effects and a more natural approach to quitting…

Kriss923 said...

For anyone of us that smoke we probably at some point say " I wish I never started" once you have started it's quite difficult to stop unless you have will power that is immense, I for one I don't. I used Champix/Chantix and it didn't really seem to work for me. The thought of having suicidal thoughts wasn't pleasant, I feel for you idt187 and hope that all has turned out ok for you.

The Effects of Champix And What It Can Do To You